Senior Portrait Specifications for Yearbook
Deadline for submitting senior portraits: Thursday, October 17, 2019
Note: Instructions provided below for submitting portraits through images.jostens.com
Senior portraits that do not meet yearbook specifications or are submitted after the deadline date will not be published. We have a set policy regarding the submission of senior pictures:
- JPEG (.jpg) digital image format is required. Please DO NOT submit PNG or TIFF files. This is very important!
- 300 DPI or higher for “actual size” of photo—approximately 2.5 horizontal x 3.5 vertical inches.
- We need high-resolution image files for printing purposes.
- Photo must be in portrait or vertical orientation—not horizontal.
- All pictures must be submitted in full color. No sepia or black-and-white photos.
- Pictures need to be head and shoulders only. No hands and no full or partial body poses.
- Have your photographer leave enough space around your face to allow for the yearbook staff to feature you at your best within the design. Please sit straight—no dramatic angles.
- Please avoid pictures with “soft focus” as they appear blurred upon reproduction.
- Appropriate attire only will be accepted. No hats, hoods, pets, musical instruments or props.
- The yearbook staff has the right to request a different photograph if the above guidelines are not met.
David Bank Studios is the preferred photographer of the Lance yearbook, but seniors may select the photographer of their choice provided the yearbook portrait photograph conforms to the above standards and the photograph is received on/or before October 17, 2019.
We suggest that you contact a photographer as early as possible to set up an appointment to ensure that you meet the deadline. No photos will be accepted after October 17, 2019. Yearbook staff will use the most recent school portrait for students who do not submit a senior portrait, or the student will be listed as “no photo available.”
Process for submitting/uploading senior portrait
- Go to images.jostens.com (https://images.jostens.com/410463677)
- Login using the following user ID: 410463677
- Choose the photo to be uploaded. Each student may only submit ONE photo.
- Provide parent or photographer contact information (person uploading the photo should enter his/her information).
- Provide IMAGE information. It is extremely important to type the student’s first and last name correctly.
- Select grade 12 from the drop down menu
- In the description field, type: senior portrait
- Click the box to agree to the terms and conditions
- Click on “upload chosen images” in gray box to complete the process
- You will see a confirmation page and should receive a confirmation email after your submission of the photo.
Note: Senior portraits taken by David Bank Studios will be delivered to the yearbook staff automatically prior to the October deadline. All questions should be addressed to SFHS Yearbook Adviser, Joel Olson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Thank you in advance for your cooperation!