Trimester 2 Plan
Staff are excited to share our St. Francis High School (SFHS) plan for both in-person and distance learning students. Please pay close attention to the learning model that you have chosen for your student(s). Both in-person and distance learning students will start a new weekly schedule on February 1 (see schedule below). Teachers will have both in-person and distance learning students in the same class at the same time.
For in-person students, there are specific procedures towards the end of this message.
Trimester 2 Calendar:
- Monday, February 1 – Grade 9 students start in-person classes, with grade 9 distance learning students attending virtually. All students in grades 10-12 will attend virtually until February 16.
- Monday, February 8 – Trimester 2 conferences, 3:30-7:30 p.m.
- Monday, February 15 – No School Presidents’ Day
- Tuesday, February 16 – Grades 10-12 students will start in-person classes, with grade 10-12 distance learning students attending virtually. Grade 9 students will continue to attend in-person or virtually.
- March 8-12 – No School Spring Break
- Monday, March 15 – School Resumes
- Friday, March 19 – End of Trimester 2
Important, this is the new SFHS Weekly Schedule that will start on Monday, February 1, for both in-person and distance learning students:
|Start Time||End Time||Duration|
|Period 1||7:45 a.m.||8:52 a.m.||67 Minutes|
|Transition||8:52 a.m.||8:59 a.m.||7 Minutes|
|Period 2||8:59 a.m.||10:06 a.m.||67 Minutes|
|Transition||10:06 a.m.||10:13 a.m.||7 Minutes|
|Period 3||10:13 a.m.||11:20 a.m.||67 Minutes|
|Transition||11:20 a.m.||11:27 a.m.||7 Minutes|
|Period 4/Lunch||11:27 a.m.||1:11 p.m.||104 Minutes
C - 67 Minutes
L - 30 Minutes
T - 7 Minutes
L - 11:27-11:57 a.m.
C - 12:04-1:11 p.m.
C - 11:27-11:57 a.m.
L - 12:00-12:30 p.m.
C - 12:34-1:11 p.m.
C - 11:27 a.m.-11-12:34 p.m.
L - 12:41-1:11 p.m.
|Transition||1:11 p.m.||1:18 p.m.||7 Minutes|
|Period 5||1:18 p.m.||2:25 p.m.||67 Minutes|
(This applies to both in-person and distance learning students.)
- All students are required to check-in at the beginning of each class so they know the class’s learning targets, receive instruction from the teacher, and get the classroom assignments/assessments for the day. If students do not check-in and participate, they will be marked absent for the class period. See more information regarding attendance procedures below.
- After direct instruction, students should use the remaining class time to work on assignments and/or work as assigned. Teachers can meet with students who need additional assistance.
- Teachers will be available to meet with students throughout the class period. Students are expected to participate in the class actively.
- We ask students to have a Chromebook or computer with them for in-person and virtual classes. In-person students should take their Chromebook or computer home with them at night. Headphones are recommended for in-person students.
- If a student needs a Chromebook, please contact the following staff members:
- In-person students may pick up or exchange a Chromebook, 11:27 a.m.-1:11 p.m. from Larry Brockner in St. Francis High School, Room D222. Contact Larry at email@example.com or call 763-213-8678.
- Distance learning and in-person students can pick up or exchange a Chromebook at the District Office, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. or 1:00–4:00 p.m. Contact Marika Hendricks at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 763-753-7158.
(This applies to both in-person and distance learning students.)
- Teachers will take attendance each class period Monday through Friday.
- It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to notify the school within two (2) school days from the date of the absence. Additionally, it is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to encourage regular school attendance.
- Parents/guardians can excuse absences by calling the attendance line at 763-213-1531 or emailing email@example.com.
- Arriving Late to School (In-person students only)
- Students will be required to sign-in on the kiosk at the greeter station. Only one student may be in the kiosk area at a time. They will then head directly to their class through the commons. Parent/guardian must call or email the attendance line within two (2) school days of the absence/tardy date to have a late arrival excused. Please do not send paper notes with your student.
Grading Practices for In-Person and Distance Learning Students:
The grading scale for Trimester 2:
- A-C = Students will receive credit for the class grades and will impact student GPA.
- P = Students will receive credit for the class but will not impact GPA.
- NG = Students will not receive credit for the class, but it will not impact GPA.
The information below is for in-person students only
After School Procedures
All students are expected to leave the building at the end of the school day. The only exception to this is for students who participate in co-curricular activities.
The custodial staff is following a strict cleaning schedule. Teachers will spray down desks and tables throughout the day after a student has used the desk. Students will sit at an assigned desk in while a classroom.
IMPORTANT COVID-19 Information/Health Office
Please keep your student home if he/she is feeling ill in any way. You must keep your student home if he/she has the following symptoms consistent with COVID-19. Your student will also be sent home if these symptoms develop during the school day.
- One of the following: fever greater than or equal to 100.4 F, new-onset and/or worsening cough, difficulty breathing, the new loss of taste or smell.
- Two or more of the following: sore throat, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, chills, muscle pain, excessive fatigue, new onset of severe headache, new onset of nasal congestion/stuffy or runny nose
If your student falls into either of the categories listed above, contact the SFHS Health Office at 763-213-1530. He/she must stay at home in isolation for at least ten (10) days from the time symptoms start until symptoms improve AND have no fever for 24 hours (without fever-reducing medications), has been given an alternative diagnosis by a medical provider and/or has a negative COVID-19 test. Siblings and household contacts must stay home (or will be sent home) and must quarantine from all activities for at least 14 days unless there is an alternative diagnosis or a negative COVID-19 test from the student with symptoms.
These requirements are from the Minnesota Department of Health Decision Tree. View the entire document by visiting COVID-19 Decision Tree for People in Schools, Youth, and Child Care Programs
- If your student becomes ill with possible COVID-19 symptoms during the day, you will be contacted and will need to make arrangements for them to be picked up within 60 minutes or permit us to allow them to drive themselves home. If they are picked up, they will be placed in an isolation room and monitored by staff until the designated adult arrives to get them. If your student is not picked up within 60 minutes, the Office of the Superintendent will be notified so they may continue to work with you on exiting your child from the school building.
- Under no circumstances will students with possible COVID-19 symptoms be allowed to ride the bus home.
- Please be sure emergency contacts are accurate with names and phone numbers and updated accordingly on Infinite Campus. Ensure they know that you have received a call from the school and will need to pick up your student promptly.
Please contact the Health Office staff if you have any questions at 763-213-1530 (Cassondra) or 763-213-1670 (Holly).
In-person students can pick a locker that they want to use in the designated grade level area on February 1 (Grade 9) and February 16 (Grades 10-12). Bring your own lock. All students that choose a locker will need to provide the locker number information to SFHS. Students will be provided a link to provide their locker information.
Locker location for each grade level:
- Grade 9 - E-Wing first and second floors
- Grades 10-11 - Locker commons first floor and second floor social studies area
- Grade 12 - Senior Hall Lockers outside the music area
Students will have 30 minutes to eat lunch (see exact lunchtimes above in the new schedule). Students will receive lunchtimes on their first day of in-person instruction. Students will sit with their 4th-hour classes in the lunchroom.
All students are required to wear a mask at all times. If your student does not have a mask, one will be provided. Please use this link How to Safely Wear Your Mask (PDF) to review how to wear a mask properly.
Staff will not issue written passes. Students will need to check Infinite Campus to see if they have permission to leave early.
Teachers will dismiss students at the end of each hour. Students are expected to go directly to their next class. They are allowed to go to the restroom, administer medications, etc.). Students will have seven minutes between classes. Please follow the guidelines below:
- Stay on the right side of the hallway
- Keep moving in the hallway from point A to point B without gathering
- Maintaining six feet apart to the best of their ability
We will not allow students to have a locker for Physical Education during Trimester 2. Please be sure to bring gym shoes to school for PE classes. All students must have masks on for class to begin. Teachers will provide mask instructions during class activities. Please follow the social distancing guidelines set by the teacher.
Only three people are allowed in a restroom at one time. If the restroom is full, please wait on the social distancing markers outside the restroom. Make sure to wash your hands before you leave the restroom.
Social Distancing Guidelines
- Try to maintain at least six feet distance between yourself and others
- Avoid close contact with other individuals
- Stay to the right in hallways
- Utilize markers on the floor to reference distancing space
- Wear a mask at all times