There are thousands of scholarships available to seniors around the nation. The following links are national scholarship search sites to help students find and manage those scholarships.
Where else might you find scholarship opportunities?
- Company scholarships (open to employees or dependents of employees)
- Hobby scholarships
- Church scholarships
- Community organizations scholarships (example: Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Rotary Clubs, etc.)
- Ethnic scholarships
- Disability scholarships
- Union and trade group scholarships (members or children of members)
- Fraternity and sorority scholarships (members or children of alumni)
- Alumni legacy scholarships (some schools have scholarships targeted to the children of alumni)
Other Scholarships available to students
Below is a link to the College & Career Center scholarship spreadsheet. Students do not need to apply for these scholarships through the counseling office. Just click on the link in the spreadsheet for more information.
Remember to check back often as this document is updated weekly!
If you have any questions about applying for scholarships, please contact either Ms. Abraham or stop by the counseling office for help.
St. Francis High School offers 40-50 scholarships to seniors every year. It is important to know that these are not just scholarships for students at the top of their class, there are scholarships for all students. There are especially many scholarships available for students going into the technical fields.
Click here for 2020-21 Local Scholarship Application
The links below are for other local scholarships that require a separate application. Please print and return the application to the counseling office, or stop by to pick up a copy. Check back often, scholarships are added as the year goes on.
- Parker Peterson Memorial Scholarship- All Students
- St. Francis Basketball Association- Seniors in Basketball
- Reed Richard Pastwa Scholarship- All Students
- Anoka Area Chamber of Commerce Scholarship- Deadline January 15, 2021
- Allina Health Orthopedics - Students going into a Sports Medicine field
- Northland Screw - Students going into Machining or a Mechanical Engineering field
- Foundation 15 - All Students
- St. Francis High School Track and Field/Cross Country Scholarship- Deadline March 5, 2021
- Connor Waage Memorial Scholarship- All Students
- Education Minnesota- Deadline March 5, 2021
Scholarships requesting transcripts will be provided and attached by the Counseling Department.
How will I know if I am the recipient of one or more of the local scholarships?
Students will be called to the SFHS Counseling Office to pick up an information letter regarding the scholarship presentation program. Staff ask that students view this as a mandatory event, as we have organizations that will be coming to the program to present scholarships in person. Students will not find out which scholarship(s) they have been chosen for until the night of the program. Because there may be multiple scholarships given to a student and as a show of gratitude to donors, we would like to make sure that students attend the entire program.