College & Career Center (CCC)
Welcome to the St. Francis High School (SFHS) College & Career Center. The CCC is a place where students can access a wide variety of information regarding:
- Career Speakers
- College Representatives and College Visits
- Internships and Apprenticeships
- Financial Aid, Scholarships, Grants
- Skill and interest assessments
- MCIS (Minnesota Career Information System)
- Jobs / Workforce / Resume Writing
- ACT /SAT /ASVAB
Dates of various representatives and events will be advertised through the eNews, morning announcements and school website. If you have questions about specific college or military reps stop in and speak with Ms. Abraham.
Futures Prep Program
All SFHS students are expected to complete the following Future Preparation activities prior to graduation.
Successful completion of Futures Prep Class (Grade 9)
In this class students will create a 4 year Ed Plan to refer to when registering for classes each year. This is a useful tool to allow students to be purposeful in their class choices and design a high school program that fits their needs and interests.
Individual College Tours - 11th and 12th grade students are allotted two excused day of school to visit colleges of their choice each year.
To complete an Individual College Tour please print, fill out and return this College Visit Form.
Additional career/college research activities:
- Attend career speakers
- Attend college rep presentation
- Attend military rep presentation
- Attend a college fair (Local at SFHS or National)
- Complete a job shadow form and return to Ms. Abraham
- Volunteer in area of interest
Complete Senior Exit Survey (May of Senior year)
Military Reps - scheduled for lunchroom visits
ASVAB - Career interest assessment/military entrance exam. This assessment is given for free twice a year at SFHS. It is a great way for students to determine career fields based on interests and skills. Sign up in the Career Center/IMC
- County Market in St. Francis is hiring! Cashiers, Courtesy, Deli, and Bakery positions available! More info in the Career Center or by going to www.kings countymarket.com.
- Atlas Staffing is hiring! Must be 18 years old. Hiring in assembly, production, packaging, machining, welding, and more! Will train and flexible schedules. Get more info in the CCC or apply online at www.atlasstaffinginc.com.
- The Local Scholarship applications will be available to SFHS Seniors beginning January 2019. Check out our Scholarship Page for more information.
- Minneapolis Plumbers Joint Journeyman & Apprenticeship Training Committee is now accepting applications for apprenticeships. Basic requirements are:
- At Least 18 years of age
- High School graduate or GED
- All applicants may be asked to take an aptitude test
- Requirements must be met by June 15.
Come to the Career Center for more information!
MN College Information
- www.minnstate.edu (Searches Minnesota State colleges and Universities)
- www.umn.edu (Searches the University of Minnesota schools
- www.mnprivatecolleges.com (Searches MN private colleges)
National College Information
- www.petersons.com (Searches colleges nationwide)
- www.elearners.com (Searches online educational resources)
- www.collegenet.com (National College Search)
- www.bridges.com (Career assessment and information on specific careers)
- Click on Site ID tab
- Site ID 0029503
- Password sfhs
- Click on Choices Explorer
- www.iseek.org (Career and College Information)
- www.iseek.org/mncareers (Career and College Information)
Financial Aid Information
- www.fafsa.ed.gov (Financial Aid form online)
- www.pin.ed.gov (to get pin # to do FAFSA online)
- www.finaid.org (Financial Aid information page)
- www.mheso.state.mn.us (Info on how to save, pay and prepare for college; includes a financial aid estimator)
Student Loan Information
- www.salliemae.com www.nelliemae.com
- www.e-studentloan.com (Uses a loan finder for instant comparisons on government and private loans)
SSG Fairchild, Joshua M.
Cambridge Army Career Center (5K1C)
Office: (763) 689-3223
GOV Cell: (612) 964-9550